- 1/2 - 1 lb fresh mushrooms (any variety) chopped fine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- fresh or dried herbs, as desired finely chopped
- 1 egg optional
- salt & pepper
- Dry sauté mushrooms until most of their moisture has evaporated. Add onions and garlic; continue cooking 3-5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix sautéed mushrooms and onions with beef, herbs, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Form into patties and grill to desired doneness.