Salmon a la Shiitake
Wild salmon, earthy shiitake, and fresh rosemary are a winning combination in this simple but stunning meal.
- 1 fillet wild salmon
- 1 lb fresh shiitake de-stemmed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium onion or shallot sliced into thin rounds
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil; lay salmon skin-side down on the foil.
- Scatter rosemary over entire salmon fillet. Cover salmon flesh evenly with mushroom caps, gill-side down. Scatter onions/shallots evenly over salmon and mushrooms. Pour maple syrup & soy sauce evenly over entire fillet.
- Bake on oven's middle rack for 20-30 minutes, until salmon is done (internal temperature should be 145 degrees). Use a fork to check thickest part of fillet. Texture is best when flakey and slightly moist.