Infamous Shiitake Caps
The Infamous Shiitake Caps are one of our very favorites, most divine shiitake recipes. And oh-so-simple.
- 1/2 - 1 lb large fresh shiitake de-stemmed
- 1/4 cup olive or sesame oil
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- herbs, spices, or garlic as desired
- Preheat the oven to 375* or preheat a barbecue grill.
- Place shiitake caps gill-side up on a baking tray.
- Whisk together oil, soy sauce, and any additional flavorings you like. Using a basting brush, coat the gills with this mixture.
- Place in preheated oven or on the grill.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until edges are slightly crisp and brown. If grilling, turn caps every 5 minutes until edges are lightly crisp and brown.