Cascadia Mushroom Cream Sauce
Serve this delicious cream sauce over wild rice or pasta. Try it on salmon and potatoes, too!
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms thinly chopped
- 1/3 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 grinds black pepper
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Dry sauté mushrooms in a large skillet.
- Whisk together wine, broth, and tomato paste until well blended and set aside.
- Turn skillet to medium. Add olive oil and garlic to mushrooms; cook until garlic barely begins to brown. Pour in the wine mixture all at once. Add salt & pepper. Bring to a steady simmer and cook until reduced by almost half - about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine half & half and cream and gradually whisk into sauce until it thickens. Stir in the chopped parsley.